1. Describe the role of inetinfo.exe, aspnet_isapi.dll andaspnet_wp.exe in the page loading process.
inetinfo.exe is theMicrosoft IIS server running, handling ASP.NET requests among other things.When an ASP.NET request is received (usually a file with .aspx extension),the ISAPI filter aspnet_isapi.dll takes care of it by passing the request tothe actual worker process aspnet_wp.exe.
2. What’s the difference between Response.Write() andResponse.Output.Write()?
The latter one allows you to write formattedoutput.
3. What methods are fired during the page load?
Init() - when the pageis instantiated, Load() - when the page is loaded into server memory,PreRender() - the brief moment before the page is displayed to the user asHTML, Unload() - when page finishes loading.
4. Where does the Web page belong in the .NET Framework class hierarchy?
5. Where do you store the information about the user’s locale?
6. What’s the difference between Codebehind="MyCode.aspx.cs" andSrc="MyCode.aspx.cs"?
CodeBehind is relevant to Visual Studio.NET only.
7. What’s a bubbled event?
When you have a complex control, like DataGrid, writing an event processing routine for each object (cell, button, row, etc.) is quite tedious. The controls can bubble up their eventhandlers, allowing the main DataGrid event handler to take care of its constituents.
8. Suppose you want a certain ASP.NET function executed on MouseOver overa certain button. Where do you add an event handler?
It’s the Attributesproperty, the Add function inside that property. So btnSubmit.Attributes.Add("onMouseOver","someClientCode();")
9. What data type does the RangeValidator control support?
Integer,String and Date.
Server-side code runs on the server. Client-side code runs in the clients’ browser.
11. What type of code (server or client) is found in a Code-Behind class?
12. Should validation (did the user enter a real date) occur server-side or client-side? Why?
Client-side. This reduces an additional request to the server to validate the users input.
13. What does the "EnableViewState" property do? Why would I want it on or off?
It enables the viewstate on the page. It allows the page to save the users input on a form.